Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Much Better Than O.K. Corral



Don't y'all just love Eduardo Corral? He's consistently one of the best lyric poets writing, and I feel like I'm always discovering him anew.

In the latest New England Review, he has a beautiful poem entitled "Watermark." I was tempted to post it here, but then I thought it would be better for all of us, instead, if I just urged you to buy a copy of the journal, which you can do by clicking the link above. You'll also get some fantastic poems by Natasha Trethaway, Martha Rhodes and a baker's half dozen others. Plus, fiction, non-fiction, translations. You'd spend the same amount of money on a Nicholas Cage movie and you'd feel like dirt. This way you can feel like you chose PBS over Fox.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like an interesting publication. I think your last two selling points should earn you a cut of this issue's earnings. I never realized it before, but I DO feel like dirt after watching Nicholas Cage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. I mean except for his true "think pieces." National Treasure, II, for example.

    ReplyDelete